Sunday 20 July 2008

Twilight


So I had no idea what these books were about until one day I was procrastinating on facebook sending people bumper stickers and flair (which are their own kind of crack in themselves) and I saw something about Edward Cullen Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901. I was like, "Edward Cullen, who in the world is that and why do these people find someone who is like 108 years old attractive?" Then I thought, "How did I miss Edward Cullen in Harry Potter?"

Bless Wikipedia. A quick search on that fantastic site told he who Edward Cullen was and I was like, "Oh. Okay."He's a vampire who doesn't kill people, and he's in love with this Bella Swan girl. Okay. Great.

Still didn't rush out to buy the book. Then my BFF Kouri was sending flair and she texts me and asks, "Who is Edward Cullen?" I told her and that was that. Well, I did send her a piece of flair that said "I only know who Edward Cullen is because of a piece of flair."

So anyways, fast forward like a month and a half. I'm out with my parents at this Military Exchange thing where my parents always go nuts buying things because it is cheap and there is no tax on it or something, and I see a copy of Twilight. I figure, "What the hell." and I buy it.

What did I think?

I don't know.

I don't want to give anything away, because I don't want to be accused of spoiling someone or something. But I had a lot of WTF moments, and some aww moments, but the WTF moments far outweighed the aww moments. And it didn't hurt that there is a movie version being made and the hottie pants from Harry Potter who played Cedric Diggory is playing Edward Cullen. It's a kind of long book, but I read it in like eight hours. (I was kind of hung over and sad that my bff just left after her week long visit, so being lazy in my room was top priority).

I bought the next to books in the series within the next two days. I read the last, Eclipse on the treadmill at the gym. Still, a lot of WTF moments, is this really happening moments, really is this girl letting him do this, moments, and still a few aww moments. It was kind of like a bad story that people write on the internet that you're like, I'm going to read more of this because it is making me laugh. Only, this Stephenie Meyer lady is making tons of bank off this.

Breaking Dawn comes out on August 2nd. I'm going to read it. I want to know how this ends, and I'll probably see the movie on December 12th, because of the hottie pants dude.

Here are some links that I couldn't figure out a way to work into the post:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/
http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

Posted By: Nicci

No comments: