Wednesday 16 July 2008

Missy Higgins


Missy Higgins is cool. She’s Australian, 24 and super talented. I sort of want to be her.

I first heard her album when I was on a trip in New Zealand. There was this one song where she was singing about lambs and I couldn’t get it out of my head. When I got home to rainy England, I snapped up her debut CD and it’s been a frequent visitor to my ipod’s ‘now playing’ screen ever since. Last year she released her second album ‘On a Clear Night’ and it too has become a quick friend.

Not only does Missy Higgins write and compose her own stuff, playing piano and guitar; but she’s also a dedicated vegetarian and recently made a video diary of her US tour in which she endeavoured to make her whole trip carbon neutral. Along the way, she spoke to different organisations and individuals to see what can be done to lower the impact we have on the planet. I think it’s awesome that someone my age in the public eye is actually going about their life and career with intelligence and grace, rather than falling out of a different nightclub every night wearing no underwear. I think we need more role models like her.

Missy makes pretty music, check it out. http://www.missyhiggins.com/
Posted by: Cat

No comments: