Monday 21 July 2008

Stripes


Stripes are my fashion du jour. Without even trying, I seem to come home with a striped item of clothing each time I go shopping. My love for stripes however, is restricted to lines of the horizontal variety, no vertical nonsense for me thank you. I understand that horizontal stripes widen the body, which can be hazardous, but the juxtaposition between the blocks of colour is too much of a temptation for me to ignore. T-shirts, hoodies, sweaters, tanks, black and white, grey and black, blue and yellow... I just don’t care.

I wonder where my love of stripes comes from. Perhaps it’s the reason I like cake so much, the cake/icing/cake/icing combo creates a stripe effect which my brain finds irresistible.

Perhaps one day I will grow out of my love for stripes, but until that day, I am happy to run around like a zebra.


Posted by: Cat

1 comment:

Jonny Aykroyd said...

This is an awesome blog! Can't wait to read more.

...more specifically a zebra's leg or rump! The stripes are horizontal on the leg and rump. :-)