Saturday 26 July 2008

Death Cab For Cutie - Live

Last week I saw Death Cab for Cute at the Carling Academy Brixton. Not only were they awesome live, but it was the best atmosphere of a gig that I’ve been to. Everyone was chilled, even sitting down until the support band played. There was no territorial ‘fuck off’ vibe that I get at a lot of gigs. I normally hate it when people spend the entire performance trying to get closer to the stage, but everyone was laid back and letting it go. I had room to breathe, which never happens and I didn’t even notice that my feet hurt from standing up for so long.

The best moment for me was Ben Gibbard’s solo performance of ‘I Will Follow You into the Dark’. This song will break your heart. When first major label album Plans was released, this was the stand out song for me, so to hear it live was just amazing. Lyrics like ‘if there’s no one beside you when you soul embarks, I will follow you into the dark,’ envoke images of love so strong that you can’t comprehend it.

Watch the video below and check out more of Death Cab’s stuff at http://www.deathcabforcutie.com/. They’re not the crazy thrash metal band they name suggests.




‘..The time for sleep is now
It's nothing to cry about
Cause we'll hold each other soon in
The blackest of rooms...’

Posted by: Cat

No comments: