Tuesday 26 August 2008

Squidbillies




My brother Ian has pretty weird tastes. The other week when he insisted we watch this show called "Squidbillies", I had a feeling it would be pretty weird. However, I had no idea that it would be the funniest thing I've ever seen or make Ian and I talk in horrible, stereotypical Southern accents whenever we are in one another's company.


I stole this from Wikipedia: Squidbillies follows the exploits of the Cuyler family and their interactions with the local populace, which usually resorts in a fair amount of destruction, mutilation, and death. Themes include the family's overt racism against white people (Chalkies), Early's dalliances with Krystal, their sketchy friendship with the Sheriff, run-ins with celebrities, their crushing poverty, and the machinations of Dan Halen. The series has very little continuity storyline progression and character development are present to an extent, but characters will frequently die and return unharmed — often without explanation, and sometimes in the very same episode.


I was going to post a youtube clip but I can't find the one I want, so I'll just link to their official webiste, I guess that's what it is, and there are a ton of clips on there. - - http://www.adultswim.com/shows/squidbillies/indexpage.html#video
Posted by: Nicci

No comments: