Tuesday 14 April 2009

Lady GaGa

Her music I can take or leave, but Lady GaGa herself is pretty darn fabulous. The name alone is wonderful, Lady GaGa. It promotes images of royalty but also of ridiculousness. I love it!

Even though Just Dance and Pokerface are constantly on the radio, I am not yet tired of Gaga, because she does things like this:


Yes, that is a zipper over her eye and yes, that is fabulous. I love that she is all about the image and performance. She embodies what it means to be a performer. She’s on all the time. She thinks about every aspect of her persona and that will make her an icon, just like Madonna with her conical bras before her. On her recent trip to the UK, GaGa was often photographed leaving clubs wearing things like this:

I live in the UK, and let me tell you, February is pretty chilly here, certainly not bra and skirt weather. It seems as though wearing a shirt and trousers is offensive to GaGa, only one or the other must be worn, never both.

I found this on her official bio at her website: ‘GaGa adds with a wink in her eye, “And, now, I’m just trying to change the world one sequin at a time.”’ Oh Gaga, change the world you will. Soon we’ll all be zipping one eye shut before we bust out our bows made of hair.

Posted By: Cat

No comments: