Tuesday 17 March 2009

Leggings

When typing leggings into Google, I was greeted with a plethora of pictures featuring Lindsay Lohan, which almost put me off writing this entry. I have never been a leggings supporter, and have firmly stood my ground remembering that in the 90's, when I didn't know better, I even had a pair with stirrups. Stirrups people.

So when they came back in fashion, as with most things better best forgotten, I kept away. My black tights were staple enough; I'll just wear jeans thank you, etc. Then yesterday, on impulse, I brought two pairs for £6 because I can't resist a bargain. 

I hate to say it, but I love them. They fit like a dream and are super comfortable. I wore them to uni today with a cute long t-shirt and long black cardigan and someone commented that I looked great, which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened before at school. 

After all the snow we've had this year, Spring is in the air and its turned warm. Because warm for us is still only the 50's, there's still a chill in the air so leggings are perfect for that 'half my legs are warm but the other half are brave enough to salute the sunshine'. Below the knee is just fine, but I'm still not sold on the 'wet look' leggings that are currently en vogue; baby steps. 

Topshop have a leggings section on their website, so maybe they're here to stay. Embrace the leggings! 

I have never typed the word 'leggings' so much in my entire life.

Posted By: Cat

No comments: