Friday 21 November 2008

Celebrity Baby Names

What better way for celebrities to show us how special they are than to name their children out of this world names that in the real world, would lead you to be bullied and teased throughout life.

I’m always excited when a new celebrity baby appears and I have to admit, if they are adorned with a normal moniker like ‘Joe’ or ‘Kate’ then I’m disappointed. That’s why I am very excited by Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz christening their new born son Bronx Mowgli Wentz. It works on two levels, not only is the name itself batshit crazy, but the kid’s initials are BMW. Wow. That’s some clever stuff.

I wonder what the significance of Bronx is. I’m 99% sure that Ashlee has never visited the Bronx in her life. I have. It’s not somewhere you want your kid affiliated with. I was too scared to go out at night and the McDonalds on Fordham Road didn’t have ice cream...but that’s a different story.

Mowgli, as everyone knows, is the orphan brought up by wolves, bears and a panther in the Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book. Was this Pete’s favourite book as a kid? Does he have aspirations for his Son to be some kind of jungle explorer/wildlife expert?

I can’t wait for little Bronx to meet Brooklyn Beckham. Please, let a celeb name their kid Queens and we can have the start of a ‘Five Boroughs’ band.

Posted By: Cat

No comments: